Jus' a small taste of the music action I'm feelin' right now...
1. Freddie Cruger ft. Anthony Mills - Serious Drog (promo) My man Freddie is back...killer latin/soul smoothie with killer vocals & lyrics from US original Anthony Mills. Ohhh...Freddie just did a video on his old classic "Running from love". Check it here...
2. Baker Brothers ft. Vanessa Freeman - Family Tree (Avid Sounds) Dope cover of Family Tree's classic soul/disco joint that is almost as good. Worked every time I played it...nyyyce!
3. Pure P - NY City, Allstar Mix (GAMM test) Ouch...my brotha Pure P got something big cookin down in his studio. The guy has been locked down in his basement since he got back from NYC and is working on a full album where he pays homage to what we call real NYC hip hop (how much candy rap can one stand??). This cut is just silly and contains a crazy jiggy beat samplin' "The Edge" by David McCallum and uses some of the biggest MC verses from the golden era. This is gonna blow up shit this weekend!
4. Glenn Underground feat. Swaylo - Misty Dreams, GU's CVO Vox (Gotsoul) Listen up peeps, this is how house music sounds. Soulful and upliftin' productions with a swaaang and vocalists that actually can sing is what built this house. Not sum f****n stiff electro house garbage with pop singers that can't even touch a note! If u want more "house music" go to Traxsource and let u'r credit card go nuts. U know house is still "a spiritual thing"!
5. Soulparlor - The Outer Rims, Recloose Remix (Raw Fusion) Gotta hype this for one simple reason...its jus' sooo hot! Recloose go back to what he does best, deep electronic Detroit house! The whole EP is mad hot as well with the Soulparlor guys (Frank'n'Frank) touching broken beats, boogie and thumpin sounds on this 4 track EP. Ohh...the guys ripped up the Raw Fusion club last weekend!
6. Stagga - Timewarp Dub (test) Simply the best dubstep track I heard over the last months. Crazy bassline on this one...make u'r groin go silly!
7. Legovelt - Deedrive JX10 (Delsin) Serious ol'school inspired deep house cut with a strong jack feel. Makes u wanna go back...waaaay back, back in time! Delsin delivers again!
8. Joe Thomas - Approach (Kedar) This is actually an old tune but as I just got it the other day and its straight up my street this needs to get recognized! Using the classic "God Made Me Funky" break Joe Thomas gets the ladies all wet with a smoove but swingin' feel good r&b joint. Perfect summer clubbin music!
9. Jazzy Jens - Afrika (GAMM) Ohhh...luv this! Stockholm DJ and all'round cool profile Jazzy Jens uses the live radio recording of D'Angelo's classic and turns up the tempo into a deep'n'soulful boogie number. I think I played this at every gig since I got it. Should be a GAMM biggie when its out later this summer.
10. Julian Dyne - Layer (test) One of the best demos I got over the last years. Killer afro inspired soul with a mad hot (!!!) bassline and vocals from Joe Dukie of Fat Freddies Drop and Recloose fame. Nu Zeeland continues to deliver the freshest goods!
25/4 - Raw Fusion Club (Stockholm) with Soulparlor 1/5 - Reisen (Stockholm) with Pure P etc 16/5 - Berns Terrace (Stockholm) with Benji-B 24/5 - Eurocultured Festival (Manchester) with Aaron Phiri etc 30/5 - Raw Fusion Club (Stockholm) 13/6 - Raw Fusion Club (Stockholm) with J-Heart (LA) etc
The man behind the world renowned Raw Fusion label.
Promotes and DJs at the long running Raw Fusion club in Stockholm since 1996 (13 yrs!). Started out as a b-boy and have been spinnin' black dance rhythms since the mid 80s. He now travels the globe where he spins more or less everything and anything that got dirty soul....retro to future and beyond!